ACT Youth Week
ACT Youth Week is a week-long celebration of young people (aged 12 - 25 years).
ACT Youth Week provides young people with the opportunity to express their ideas and views, and act on issues that impact on them and their peers. It is also a time to celebrate, to have fun and highlight the positive contributions young people make to their community. Each year, all over Australia, events are planned and organised to celebrate and recognise the contribution of young people.
It is organised by young people, for young people, in communities across the ACT and Australia.
Youth Week is an opportunity for young people to:
- share ideas
- attend live events
- have their voices heard on issues of concern to them
- showcase their talents
- celebrate their contribution to the community
- take part in competitions
- have fun!
For further information about the ACT Youth Week please conduct the Youth InterACT team during business hours on (02) 6205 3064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The ACT Youth Week Grant program
Youth Week Grants are now open - guidelines
View the recipients.
The ACT Youth Week Grant program is available to assist groups of young people to organise events for other young people. These Grants provide funding for innovative new projects that enable young people aged 12 – 25 years old to lead and participate in community development activities targeted for other young people in Canberra and the region.
There are many ways that an activity / event or project could be facilitated. For instance through:
- Building supportive connections between community members using sport, recreation, cultural and creative activities and events;
- Organising and running events;
- Increasing opportunities for young people to participate in local community events, activities and youth related causes;
- Recognising the contribution that young people make to their local communities; and
- Increasing opportunities for young people through the development of leadership skills, project management skills, networking encounters plus team work, communication and decision-making skills. The ACT Youth Week Grants are managed by the ACT Government’s Youth InterACT team. For further information about the ACT Youth Week please conduct the Youth InterACT team during business hours on (02) 6205 3064 or email email@example.com.