Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Awards
CLOSES: 2 March 2020
- Young Canberra Citizen of the Year: Winner Mr Joshua Gonzalez and Oscar Gonzalez
- Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Junior Award: Winner Ms Lily Haskins
- Personal Achievement Award: Winner Ms Shiralee Sankey
- Personal Achievement: Highly Commended Ms Kelsey Drabsch
- Individual Community Service Award: Winner Ms Tilleah Roselli
- Individual Community Service: Highly Commended Mr Najeebullah Rafee
- Arts and Multimedia Award: Winner Ms Julia Faragher
- Arts and Multimedia: Highly Commended Ms Sian Jackson
- Group Achievement Award: Winner Young Women Speak Out
- Group Achievement: Highly Commended Canberra High School – Year 9 FORCE
Congratulations to Ms Dhani Gilbert who has been awarded the 2018 Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Award for her community work, academic pursuits and advocacy for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Awards, now in its 29th year, recognise and celebrate the outstanding achievements of young people aged 12 to 25 years. Other category award winners include:
- Personal Achievement Award: Ms Shay-Leigh Willis;
- Individual Community Service: Ms Maddie Diamond; and
- Group Achievement Award: Jasiri Australia.
- Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Award (Mustafa Ehsan)
- Environment and Sustainability Award (Ryu Callaway)
- Personal Achievement Award (Caitlin Figueiredo)
- Individual Community Service Award (Kate Barton)
- Group Achievement Award (SPARK: The Ginninderry Joint Venture Training and Employment Initiative)
- Arts and Multimedia Award (Lucy Sugerman)
For further information, please contact the Youth InterACT Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 62072452.