In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)

In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)
ACT Public Hospitals

Canberra Hospital

5124 0000

Calvary Hospital

6201 6111

Mental Health

Call Mental Health Triage on

1800 629 354

(free call except from mobiles or public phones) or

6205 1065

Poisons Hotline

For a poison emergency in Australia call


Drug and Alcohol Help Line

The Drug and Alcohol Help Line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week on

5124 9977

Health Protection Service

For after hours urgent public health matters including environmental health, radiation safety, food poisoning and communicable disease management phone:

(02) 6205 1700


24 hour health advice

1800 022 222

ACT State Emergency Service

Emergency help
during flood or storms

132 500

Accommodation and Housing Services

In this section you will find information and links to all forms of housing information in the ACT and related services.

Accommodation - OneLinkExternal Link can talk to you about housing options, including emergency accommodation. OneLink can provide information about public housing, community housing, private rental and other options, and about what assistance might be available for you to secure a tenancy.

Drop In: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, Housing ACT Central Access Point
Phone: 1800 176 468
Address: Ground Floor, Nature Conservation House, 153 Emu Bank, Belconnen ACT 2617

The ACT Civil & Administrative Tribunal (ACAT) External Link is an independent body, which has exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all matters arising from private and public tenancy agreements.

The Tenants' Union ACT External Link is an independent community legal centre that promotes the rights and interests of people renting their homes in the ACT.

Housing ACT Housing ACT allocates, manages and maintains ACT's public and community housing properties.
P - 133 427.
E -

YWCA External Link - provides, medium term housing, community development worker for ACT housing tenants, youth services, personal support, health information, advocacy, emergency relief, needle exchange and childcare. Runs personal and professional development courses and training for women.