ACT Women’s Plan 2016-2026 | Second Action Plan 2020-22
The Second Action Plan 2020-22 is the next stage of the ACT Women’s Plan 2016-26. The Second Action Plan is currently under development and will include actions under five focus areas that are designed to generate meaningful change for women and girls in the ACT over the next three years.
- Improving the mental health and wellbeing of women and girls in the ACT
- Fostering gender equity in Canberra workplaces, including through improved gender equality in leadership and workplace participation
- Building a community where women and girls are safe and supported to participate
- Improving housing support and sustainability and reducing homelessness for women
- Developing appropriate and accessible services, programs and policies for women and girls, ensuring consideration of those from diverse backgrounds.
On 14 October 2019 the Office for Women hosted the ACT Women’s Summit which brought together over 165 stakeholders from the community sector, businesses and government to discuss potential actions for inclusion in the Second Action Plan. Discussions were framed around the five focus areas.
Find out more about the ACT Women’s Summit.
Discussions at the Summit were informed by the ACT Women’s Summit Discussion Paper. The Discussion paper and further research that informed the development of the Discussion Paper including a Contextual Analysis developed in a co-design process between the Office for Women, the Women’s Centre for Health Matters, YWCA Canberra and ACTCOSS is available on the Women's Resources webpage.
The ACT Women’s Summit Discussion Paper sets out information about the focus areas and what these could mean for women and girls in the ACT. The Discussion Paper also includes information on what is already in place for women and girls in the ACT, what the data and community has told us already, and where we may want to be in the future.
The Second Action Plan 2020-22 will be launched in early 2020, to coincide with International Women’s Day.