ACT Playgroups Early Intervention Playgroups
Our early intervention playgroups address the unique needs of each individual child as well as providing parents with the tools and strategies to help their child reach their full potential.
ACT Playgroups Early Intervention Playgroups are run by highly qualified staff in partnership with Tuggeranong and Gungahlin Child and Family Centre, Therapy ACT and Giralang AIU.
These playgroups are designed to support the journey of families with young children with additional needs.
Our early intervention playgroups for children 0-5 years are free, fun, interactive, evidence based and accessible to all. All family members including siblings and other carers are encouraged to attend.
These playgroups not only provide important play-based skills development and socialisation opportunities for young children with additional needs, but also offer peer and parenting support for the adults attending.
Key Program Features:
- Operates outside of the NDIS - no plan or referral is needed to attend and sessions are free for families participating
- Multidisciplinary and collaborative
- Identification and support of each individual child's needs, strengths and interests
- Collaboration and linkages with other agencies and professionals
- Individualised program for each child with specific goals, objectives, strategies and evaluation
- Embeds a child's therapy programs into the child’s plan
- Models positive communication and social skills with the emphasis on children playing to learn in a relevant context, as outlined in the Early Years Learning Framework
- Sessions cover communication and language skills, attention and listening skills, motor skills, self care and independence and sensory processing skills
- Facilitates the transition to preschool process
Team Based Early Childhood Intervention and School Aged Therapy Services