Ministerial Seniors Roundtable
On 28 May 2020, Minister for Seniors and Veterans, Gordon Ramsay MLA, hosted a Roundtable with Ministers across Australia to discuss issues affecting seniors. The Roundtable focused on the impacts of social isolation and loneliness amongst seniors, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Commonwealth, states and territories agreed that the roundtable meetings continue into the foreseeable future to establish an ongoing intergovernmental mechanism to address issues affecting seniors across Australia which do not readily fall within the responsibility of another ministerial forum or council.
The communique from the inaugural roundtable is available here [PDF 79KB] [Word 13.7KB]
Announcement – ACT Seniors Week 2020
In response to the Australian Government’s health advice regarding the Coronavirus (COVID – 19) all ACT Seniors Week events hosted by COTA ACT will be postponed.
In addition to the work in the veterans sector, The Office for Seniors and Veterans:
- guides whole of government work on developing Canberra as an age-friendly city;
- provides policy advice on seniors to the ACT Government;
- advises on seniors issues through participation in Government and community committees and forums;
- administers funding for the Seniors Card and Seniors Week;
- manages the Seniors Grants Program; and
- provides secretariat support to the ACT Ministerial Advisory Council on Ageing (MACA)
For more information please contact the Office for Seniors and Veterans on (02) 6207 8830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org