The Quality, Complaints and Regulation unit operates independently from any project or program funding area of the Community Services Directorate.
The unit operates and provides management of:-
- high level complaints handling and management service and policies for the Directorate
- the human services registrar – providing responsive regulation of service providers including:-
- housing providers as part of the National Regulatory System for Community Housing
- specialist disability service providers to oversee safeguards for the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- community care and protection service providers
- secretariat support to the Children and Young People Death Review Committee and the Child and Youth Protection Quality Assurance and Improvement (CYPQAI) Committee
- the ACT Senior Practitioner for the reduction and elimination of restrictive practices.
Suitable Entities to Provide Community Care and Protection Services Community Care and Protection Services