The Youth InterACT Scholarships provide funding of up to $500 for individuals, or $1500 for groups of young people to attend an activity of a learning capacity, sporting, conference, personal or career development.
These Scholarships are based on encouraging young people to enhance their professional and personal development through participation in various activities or events. This is central to the way in which Youth InterACT Scholarships are administered.
Applicants for Youth InterACT Scholarships must:
- Be 12-25 years of age
- Reside in the ACT or attend school in the ACT
- Represent the ACT in sporting or other activities, or
- Be a part of an ACT based program, event or activity
- Not have received funding through the Youth InterACT Grants and Scholarships Program in the last two years
- Submit applications prior to the event/activity commencement date, taking into consideration the Scholarship Committee meetings dates– normally the last Friday of every month except December and January as the scholarship round is closed.
- Submit applications 14 days prior to the Scholarship Committee meeting dates
- Scholarships will be awarded to young people who have a genuine ability and determination, but without financial assistance would struggle to attend their event or activity.
Youth InterACT Scholarships will be provided for:
- Travel expenses to an activity/event
- Registration costs for the activity/event
- Accommodation costs for the activity /event
- Young people representing the ACT in sporting or other activities
Scholarships will not be provided for:
- For more than two attendees to the same activity or event
- Activities/events that have already been attended
- Applications not received 14 days prior to the Scholarship Committee meeting dates – normally the last Friday of every month except December and January as the scholarship round is closed.
- Spending money (including food and beverage costs)
- Financial support for travel companions
- Activities/events that require on-going funding
- Activities/events where a particular political or religious point of view is promoted or pushed
What you have to do if you are Successful
Successful applicants will be notified through a formal Letter-of-Offer, which contains an Acceptance of Scholarship form. The applicant will need to return the Acceptance of Scholarship form to the Directorate within 14 days of receiving it, otherwise the Scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
Once the Acceptance of Scholarship form is received, a cheque payment or EFT payment will be made to the recipient.
Please Note: You will need to allow 30 days for Scholarship payments to be made once the Acceptance of Scholarship form has been received.
After you have attended your Activity or Event
Recipients must provide a brief report, financial records/ receipts and a signed Acquittal form (this form will be sent with the Letter-of-Offer) to the Directorate within 30 days of attending their activity /event.
Please ensure your report outlines the outcomes and benefits that you have gained from attending.
Duty of Care
Activity/event attendees have a legal and moral obligation to act reasonably, including taking caution to avoid risks that could be reasonably expected to occur, to ensure their own health and safety.
A ‘Scholarship Committee’ made up of young people assess the Youth InterACT Scholarship applications. The assessment panel is supported by the Youth Engagement Team of the Community Services Directorate.
The Scholarship Committee meets once a month, except December and January (the last Friday of the month), to assess all applications received during this period.
Please Note: Applications received outside of the assessment period will only be considered under ‘exceptional circumstances’ by the committee.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be asked for further information or to attend an interview with the ‘Scholarship Committee’.
For further information relating to Youth InterACT Scholarships please contact the Youth Engagement on 62053064 or via email email@example.com
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Addressed to:
Youth InterACT-Youth Engagement
Community Services Directorate
GPO Box 158
CANBERRA ACT 2601
For more information on Youth InterACT contact Youth Engagement on 62053064 or via email to email@example.com