In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)

In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)
ACT Public Hospitals

Canberra Hospital

5124 0000

Calvary Hospital

6201 6111

Mental Health

Call Mental Health Triage on

1800 629 354

(free call except from mobiles or public phones) or

6205 1065

Poisons Hotline

For a poison emergency in Australia call


Drug and Alcohol Help Line

The Drug and Alcohol Help Line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week on

5124 9977

Health Protection Service

For after hours urgent public health matters including environmental health, radiation safety, food poisoning and communicable disease management phone:

(02) 6205 1700


24 hour health advice

1800 022 222

ACT State Emergency Service

Emergency help
during flood or storms

132 500

Programs and Services

Paint and Play

Find your Local Centre

Opening hours Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm

Gungahlin 51 Ernest Cavanagh St, Gungahlin, Phone 6207 0120
Tuggeranong 159 Anketell St, Greenway, Phone 6207 8228
West Belconnen 6 Luke St, Holt, Phone 6205 2904

Drop-In Parenting Support

Parents and carers are invited to visit their local Child and Family Centre to chat with a trained professional about parenting, ask question and to get information. This can lead to ongoing, one-to-one support with Child and Family Workers.

Staff are available to speak with parents and service providers — Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, either in person or by phoning your local Centre — about a range of issues including:

This service is free of charge and available without an appointment.
Where Gungahlin, Tuggeranong and West Belconnen
When 9.00 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
Who Parents and carers of young children
How Drop-in or call your local Centre

Ongoing Support

Child and Family Workers are available to provide ongoing support for children and families. No two families are the same so Child and Family Workers will provide a tailored service to your child and family.

Child and Family Workers work with families in many different ways. For example, workers can:

Child and Family Workers can meet with children and families at the Centre, at home, at school or another convenient location.

This service is free of charge and available by visiting or phoning your local Centre.

Can I have my own worker?


A Child and Family Worker will meet with you to discuss your situation. This may mean that a worker could work with children and families on an individual basis, it could be a referral to a parenting group, or referral to another service that may be more appropriate. All options are discussed with parents to ensure the right response is provided. If parents feel they would like ongoing support and assistance in their parenting role, a worker may be provided to support them.

Do I have to live in Gungahlin, Tuggeranong or West Belconnen?

The Centres primarily support children and families who live in the Gungahlin, Tuggeranong, and West Belconnen communities. ACT parents outside these regions are welcome to contact any Centre.