In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)

In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)
ACT Public Hospitals

Canberra Hospital

5124 0000

Calvary Hospital

6201 6111

Mental Health

Call Mental Health Triage on

1800 629 354

(free call except from mobiles or public phones) or

6205 1065

Poisons Hotline

For a poison emergency in Australia call


Drug and Alcohol Help Line

The Drug and Alcohol Help Line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week on

5124 9977

Health Protection Service

For after hours urgent public health matters including environmental health, radiation safety, food poisoning and communicable disease management phone:

(02) 6205 1700


24 hour health advice

1800 022 222

ACT State Emergency Service

Emergency help
during flood or storms

132 500

Frequently Asked Questions

Overseas Qualification Assessment

An Overseas Qualification Assessment broadly compares an overseas qualification to an Australian qualification, using the Australian Qualifications FrameworkExternal Link.

Who is the Australian Education International-National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (AEI-NOOSR), and what are Country Education Profiles (CEPs)?
Am I eligible to apply for an assessment?
Can I apply on behalf of another person?
What are certified copies of documents?
What qualifications CAN be assessed?
What qualifications can NOT be assessed?
How much does it cost?
How long will an assessment take?
Can you assess my qualifications for migration purposes?
What translations are accepted?
Where can I get documents translated?
I do not have the required documents – what can I do?
I do not agree with my assessment, can it be reviewed?
Lost an assessment advice?


(Australian Education International - National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition)

The Department of Education'sExternal Link website for international education works with the education sector, other government agencies and ministries to ensure Australia is recognised as a regional and world leader in education and a partner of choice for international collaboration. The department provides leadership and coordination across government, delivering programs and policies, to support mobility and the global exchange of knowledge.

AEI-NOOSRExternal Link (Australian Education International - National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition) provides official information and advice on the comparability of overseas qualifications with Australian qualifications, using the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) as our benchmark.

Country Education Profile (CEP) OnlineExternal Link is an online recognition tool for assessing overseas educational qualifications used by universities and other education providers, professional bodies, employers and international organisations and governments.


You can apply for an assessment if you meet any of the residential requirements:


Australian’s privacy legislation prohibits discussion of the application with any third party. A letter from the client naming and authorising the third party to act as their agent is essential for any communication between the Community Participation Group and the third party on matters related to the application.

Certified Documents

A photocopied document that has been checked and certified by a certifying person, who confirms it is a true copy of the original document. To have your documents certified you will need to take the original document and a copy to a certifying person for signing. In Australia, a certifying person includes a Justice of the Peace.

Each copy of the original document (not copies of copies) must be certified separately and must show clearly:

The Community Participation Group must be able to contact the certifying person if needed.

In the ACT, the following persons may witness and certify copies of documents:

For more information regarding persons who are able to certify documents please visit the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation AgencyExternal Link website.


Qualifications that can be assessed

Our assessments do not:

Qualifications that cannot be assessed

We do not assess:

We do not provide assessments by email or phone.


There is no cost involved. This is a free service provided by the ACT Government.


All applications for assessments may take up to eight weeks after you attend your interview at the Theo Notaras Multicultural Centre, provided you have submitted all the necessary documentation at the time.


If you wish to have your qualification assessed as part of an application for permanent residency in Australia, please contact the Australian Government’s Department of Home AffairsExternal Link.


It is important for all translations to be done in English and by an approved and accredited translator.

Approved translators within Australia must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters(hyperlink NAATI). Get in touch with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI)External Link on 1300 557 470 or visit their website.

Require Documents

The Community Participation Group requires that all essential documentation, including covering certificate and academic transcript, be submitted in order to verify key elements against the Country Education Profiles created by AEI‑NOOSR. Therefore, if you have lost your transcripts or award, or have not obtained them from your institution, we recommend that you try contacting your institution to obtain these important documentations.

If your institution is unable to provide any documentation to you, kindly obtain a statement from your university or institution which provides relevant key information (e.g. period of study and confirming graduation) and discuss it with the assessing officer at your interview.

Assessment Review

If you do not agree with the assessment outcome by the Community Participation Group, you may ask for a review. In order to ask for a review of your assessment, you must:

Upon receipt of your request for a review, your assessment will be checked and a senior manager of the Community Participation Group will respond to your request with the review outcome.

Lost Assessment Advice

If you have lost your assessment advice, you can ask us for a copy to be reissued. Before we can reissue your assessment advise you must:

Please note, that Country Education Profiles continually change, thus any letters being reissued, will reflect the latest assessment outcome. This means your assessment outcome is subject to change.