Applications are now open for the 1st Program of 2020-21 WESP
Applications close: midday on Friday 7 August 2020
Applications must be submitted online https://dhcs.smartygrants.com.au/WESP2021Rd1
The 1st program will commence on 7 September 2020 and finish on 27 November 2020.
The program is designed to help:
- Refugees and Asylum seekers who have settled in Canberra in the past 12 months or more; and
- Canberran’s from a cultural and linguistically diverse background who have been applying for and unsuccessful in gaining meaningful employment for at least 2 years.
The program provides the opportunity for people to gain office skills and Australian workplace experience, confidence to enter the paid workforce and develop important networks within the ACT Public Service.
WESP participants are offered four weeks of formal training in office skills at the Canberra Institute of Technology and eight weeks of work experience in an ACT Government agency.
This program is voluntary and unpaid and finishes after the eight-week work placement with no further commitments.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions there may be a delay in delivering the work placement component of the program.
Successful WESP graduates will receive a nationally recognised Certificate II in Business.
To be eligible for WESP, applicants must be:
- a resident of the Australian Capital Territory and
- able to commit to the full time 12-week program and be able to communicate confidently in English;
- an asylum seeker on temporary protection visa or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa: or
- ACT Services Access card holders; or
- Refugee or migrant with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
For further information please contact the WESP Coordinator on (02) 6205 5168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org