Applications are now open for the 2nd Program of 2018-19 WESP
Applications close: Midday on Monday 11 February 2019
Applications must be submitted online SmartyGrants
The 2nd program will commence on 14 March 2019 and finish on 7 June 2019
The program is designed to help people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who are building a new life in Canberra gain office skills and Australian workplace experience. Participants gain confidence to enter the paid workforce and develop important networks within the ACT Public Service.
Here’s what participants at the WESP Graduation Ceremony in June 2018 said about the course https://youtu.be/WjNPF7hDpG8
The program provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Improve their IT, writing, office administration and communication skills.
- Gain practical job seeking skills.
- Prepare for entry into the workforce.
- Gain practical experience in an Australian workplace.
- Establish a personal network of contacts for future work and training options.
WESP participants are offered four weeks of formal training in office skills and eight weeks of work placement in an ACT Government agency.
This work experience program is voluntary and finishes after the eight week work placement with no further commitments.
Successful WESP graduates will receive a nationally recognised Certificate II in Business.
To be eligible for WESP, applicants MUST:
- Be migrants with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Be asylum seekers on temporary protection visas or Safe Haven Enterprise Visas.
- Be a resident of the Australian Capital Territory.
- Be able to commit to the full time 12 week program.
Priority is given to:
- Applicants in Australia on a refugee protection or humanitarian visa.
- Applicants who are unemployed or not in meaningful employment.
- Applicants with the confidence to communicate proficiently in spoken and written English.
For further information please contact the WESP Coordinator by phone on (02) 6205 5168 or email email@example.com