Applications are now closed for the 2nd Program of 2019-20 WESP
Applications closed: Friday 7 February 2020
Applications must be submitted online through SmartyGrants
The 2nd program will commence on 13 March 2020 and finish on 5 June 2020.
The program is designed to help:
- Refugees and Asylum seekers who have settled in Canberra in the past 12 months or more; and
- Canberran’s from a cultural and linguistically diverse background who have been applying for and unsuccessful in gaining meaningful employment for at least 2 years.
The program provides the opportunity for people to gain office skills and Australian workplace experience. WESP participants will gain confidence to enter the paid workforce and develop important networks within the ACT Public Service.
The program enables participants to:
- improve their IT, writing, office administration and communication skills;
- gain practical job seeking skills;
- prepare for entry into the workforce;
- gain practical experience in an Australian workplace; and
- establish a personal network of contacts for future work and training options.
WESP participants are offered four weeks of formal training in office skills at the Canberra Institute of Technology and eight weeks of unpaid work experience in an ACT Government agency.
This work experience program is voluntary and unpaid, and finishes after the eight week work placement with no further commitments.
Successful WESP graduates will receive a nationally recognised Certificate II in Business.
To be eligible for WESP, applicants must be:
- a resident of the Australian Capital Territory and
- able to commit to the full time 12 week program and be able to communicate confidently in English;
- an asylum seeker on temporary protection visa or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa: or
- ACT Services Access card holders; or
- Refugee or migrant with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- For further information please contact the WESP Coordinator on (02) 6205 5168 or email email@example.com