Tenants Consultative Group 2016 – 2018 Achievements
Over the 2016-18 term TCG members contributed to a number of important Housing ACT initiatives and provided valuable feedback on processes to improve services to tenants. The achievements of the members of the 2016-18 term included:
- Provided feedback and input during the planning, design and testing phases for the development of a new Housing ACT tenant mobile app.
- Participated in a tour of new public housing developments where Housing ACT provided information and answered questions on the build, security, accessibility and energy efficiency of new developments.
- Provided input during the planning phase of the Housing ACT digital application form for both new applications and transfers.
- Participated in a question and answer session with the contract manager of Programmed Facilities Management, prior to them taking over the Total Facilities Management contract on 1 November 2018.
- Provided input during the planning phase of a new digital application form for rental rebates.
- Advised Housing ACT on ways to improve communication with tenants and information resources for tenants, including promotional material, tenancy information and debt related matters.
- Provided advice and input in designing the group activities of the Housing and Homelessness Summit.
- Two members were invited to join Minister Berry’s Affordable Housing Ministerial Advisory Group.
- Two members were sponsored to attend the National Housing Conference in Sydney. The members presented information and material they received at the conference to Housing ACT and the other TCG members.