In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)

In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)
ACT Public Hospitals

Canberra Hospital

5124 0000

Calvary Hospital

6201 6111

Mental Health

Call Mental Health Triage on

1800 629 354

(free call except from mobiles or public phones) or

6205 1065

Poisons Hotline

For a poison emergency in Australia call


Drug and Alcohol Help Line

The Drug and Alcohol Help Line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week on

5124 9977

Health Protection Service

For after hours urgent public health matters including environmental health, radiation safety, food poisoning and communicable disease management phone:

(02) 6205 1700


24 hour health advice

1800 022 222

ACT State Emergency Service

Emergency help
during flood or storms

132 500

Complaints and Feedback

If you wish to make a complaint about any aspect of Housing ACT’s services you can contact Housing ACT either by phone, in writing or by email. The complaints service is available to ACT Housing tenants and to members of the public.

Alternatively you may like to leave some positive feedback if you are happy with the level of service provided.

Contact Information

Housing ACT Complaints 6207 1515

Written complaints should be addressed to the attention of the:
Complaints Management Unit
Locked Bag 3000

Email complaints should be sent to the mailbox at:


Complaint Management

About the Complaint Management Unit

The Housing ACT Complaint Management Unit is a separate, independent unit. Its role is to receive feedback from our customers about any of our services. It acts as the first point of contact for people wishing to lodge a complaint.

Housing ACT will adopt a flexible attitude and problem solving approach.

All our decisions will be:

  • Clearly explained
  • Fair
  • Accessible
  • Timely

What is a complaint?

A Complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction with the services provided by, or on behalf of, Housing ACT.

A complaint is generally an expression of dissatisfaction or grievance, an objective or criticism when a person feels something is not satisfactory. This may include dissatisfaction with:

  • Client service delivery
  • Tenancy matters
  • Housing Assistance matters; and
  • Property maintenance.


How do I lodge a complaint?

You may lodge your complaint in writing, by email or by telephone.

Written complaints should be addressed to the attention of the Complaints Management Unit at Locked Bag 3000, BELCONNEN ACT 2617.

Email complaints should be sent to the mailbox at:

Telephone complaints can be lodged by telephoning and speaking to an officer direct on 6207 1515.

Can a complaint be made anonymously?

Yes. Housing ACT will investigate all complaints. Your details will not be recorded unless you wish, although it may be easier to investigate your complaint if you give us your details.

All information that is provided is kept confidential unless permission to release information is granted. If you would prefer not to give your name but would like to know the outcome of your complaint you can be provided with a complaint reference number.


What happens after I lodge a complaint?

Housing ACT will acknowledge receipt of your written complaint within three working days.

The complaint will then be referred to the relevant business area for investigation and appropriate action.

You should receive a response from the business area within twenty-one working days. If your complaint is complex and requires further investigation it may take longer to respond.

You should be aware that if the complaint is about a Housing ACT tenant or client they may be contacted in the course of the investigation. The investigating officer will undertake to protect the privacy of the complainant.


What if I am not happy with the outcome?

If you are not satisfied with the investigation or outcome of your complaint you should contact the Manager of the Complaint Management Unit in the first instance.

The Manager will;

  • Ensure proper procedures have been followed in the investigation of your complaint
  • Ensure the complaint has been investigated and actioned promptly; and
  • Refer the matter to an independent senior officer for further investigation if required.

The Team Leader of the Complaint Management Unit is available on 6207 1515 during business hours to discuss any concerns you may have in regard to your complaint.

You may also wish to contact the Directorate’s Consumer and Advocacy Services, Complaints and Advocacy unit if you are still dissatisfied with an outcome. Further information about this service is available on the directorate’s website at or by telephoning 6207 1515.


Disclosure of Confidential Information

Occasionally it may not be possible to fully respond to a complaint without disclosing confidential information. In these circumstances, the investigating officer will make every effort to proceed with the complaint investigation by:

  • seeking the permission of the third parties to disclose information to the complainant or their representative;
  • seeking the permission of the third parties to disclosure of sensitive information to the advocate; and
  • explaining the difficulties to the complainant and seeking their agreement to deal with the complaint within the imposed limits of confidentiality.

It may not be possible to provide a full response due to the imposed limits of confidentiality.