In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)

In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)
ACT Public Hospitals

Canberra Hospital

5124 0000

Calvary Hospital

6201 6111

Mental Health

Call Mental Health Triage on

1800 629 354

(free call except from mobiles or public phones) or

6205 1065

Poisons Hotline

For a poison emergency in Australia call


Drug and Alcohol Help Line

The Drug and Alcohol Help Line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week on

5124 9977

Health Protection Service

For after hours urgent public health matters including environmental health, radiation safety, food poisoning and communicable disease management phone:

(02) 6205 1700


24 hour health advice

1800 022 222

ACT State Emergency Service

Emergency help
during flood or storms

132 500

Complaint Management

About the Complaint Management Unit

The Housing ACT Complaint Management Unit is a separate, independent unit. Its role is to receive feedback from our customers about any of our services. It acts as the first point of contact for people wishing to lodge a complaint. Housing ACT will adopt a flexible attitude and problem solving approach.
All our decisions will be:

What is a complaint?

A Complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction with the services provided by, or on behalf of, Housing ACT.
A complaint is generally an expression of dissatisfaction or grievance, an objective or criticism when a person feels something is not satisfactory. This may include dissatisfaction with:

How do I lodge a complaint?

You may lodge your complaint in writing, by email or by telephone.

Written complaints should be addressed to the attention of the Complaints Management Unit at Locked Bag 3000, BELCONNEN ACT 2616.

Email complaints should be sent to the mailbox at

Telephone complaints can be lodged by telephoning and speaking to an officer direct on 133 427.

Can a complaint be made anonymously?

Yes. Housing ACT will investigate all complaints. Your details will not be recorded unless you wish, although it may be easier to investigate your complaint if you give us your details.

All information that is provided is kept confidential unless permission to release information is granted. If you would prefer not to give your name but would like to know the outcome of your complaint you can be provided with a complaint reference number.

What happens after I lodge a complaint?

Housing ACT will acknowledge receipt of your written complaint within three working days.

The complaint will then be referred to the relevant business area for investigation and appropriate action.

You should receive a response from the business area within twenty-one working days. If your complaint is complex and requires further investigation it may take longer to respond.

You should be aware that if the complaint is about a Housing ACT tenant or client they may be contacted in the course of the investigation. The investigating officer will undertake to protect the privacy of the complainant.

What if I am not happy with the outcome?

If you are not satisfied with the investigation or outcome of your complaint you should contact the Manager of the Complaint Management Unit in the first instance.

The Manager will;

The Team Leader of the Complaint Management Unit is available on 133 427 during business hours to discuss any concerns you may have in regard to your complaint.

You may also wish to contact the department’s Consumer and Advocacy Services, Complaints and Advocacy unit if you are still dissatisfied with an outcome. Further information about this service is available on the directorate’s website at or by telephoning 133 447.

Disclosure of Confidential Information

Occasionally it may not be possible to fully respond to a complaint without disclosing confidential information. In these circumstances, the investigating officer will make every effort to proceed with the complaint investigation by:

It may not be possible to provide a full response due to the imposed limits of confidentiality.

Further Information

For more information, contact your Housing Manager or telephone the Community Services Directorate on 6207 1515.

For more assistance on Housing ACT matters, please telephone 133 427.