2019 Housing ACT | Gardening Competition
Public housing tenants have been recognised at this year’s Housing ACT gardening competition awards ceremony.
In its 29th year, the annual awards ceremony celebrates the efforts of public housing tenants who work hard to create beautiful, healthy gardens that make a positive contribution to their neighbourhoods.
Eight awards were presented by Minister for Housing and Suburban Development on Tuesday 10 December 2019.
This year’s judges, Christine and David Ross from the ACT Horticultural Society, paid tribute to the time and energy spent by tenants to create vibrant outdoor spaces.
Overall winner - Robyn Burgess
This year’s winners include:
- Established garden: Anna Mur
- Newly established garden: Kirk Walker
- Most Improved garden: Jenny Stevens
- Vegetable garden: Keith Wotherspoon
- Floral garden: Diana Aston
- Container garden: Maureen Caelli
- Child-friendly garden: Tracy Jackson
- Formal garden: Ann Morris
- Large Court Yard garden: Bev Lucas