Grants and Awards
International Day of People with Disability
Disability Inclusion Grant
2019 Disability Inclusion Grant round open!
The DIGs are a one-off grant for a project or initiative that will create opportunities for people with disability to better participate in and access services, businesses and groups in the community.
Community groups and clubs, not-for-profit organisations and small businesses (under 20 staff and less than $2 million annual turnover) are encouraged to apply.
Apply for any amount up to $20,000 (GST exclusive) to be used for a project or initiative in the 2019-20 financial year.
Grant may be applied for to cover the cost of the project in full or in part. Applications closing on 29 July 2019, 5pm.
Proposals will be considered that address attitudinal, communication, and physical barriers to access and inclusion. This could include:
- Training, such as general or targeted disability awareness training
- An accessibility audit of your services and the development of a Disability Inclusion and Access Plan.
- The purchase of assistive technology or adaptive equipment, such as a height adjustable bed or hearing loop
- Infrastructure modifications, such as installation of ramps or widening of doors
See examples of past grant recipients at the link below. For more information including how to apply, see the DIGs Guidelines and visit this page https://dhcs.smartygrants.com.au/2019-20DIG
Chief Minister's Inclusion Awards
Nominations for the 2019 Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards are now open!
The Chief Ministers Inclusion Awards (CMIAs) provide acknowledgement of the outstanding achievements of businesses, organisations and individuals who have demonstrated their commitment to encourage, welcome and support people with disability in their workplace, business and community.
The Awards will align with International Day for People with Disability in early December and will acknowledge inclusive leaders across four categories:
- Recognising people with disability who are leaders in inclusion
- Excellence and innovation in community access and inclusion
- Achieving inclusion through supporting the independence and wellbeing of people with disability
- Championing rights protection and justice
An overarching Award for Excellence is then selected from award recipients.
The awards will be announced at a gala night at the Great Hall, Parliament House on Thursday 5 December 2019, from 6.30pm-10.30pm.
Canberrans are encouraged to nominate the people, organisations or businesses who have demonstrated their commitment to welcome, support and include people with disability.
Nominations close Monday 23 September at 5pm.
For more information about the awards or the gala night, go to the ACT Inclusion Council website: www.actinclusion.com.au
To submit a nomination, go to this page: https://dhcs.smartygrants.com.au/2019_CMIA
Read about the 2018 recipients of Awards and Commendations at the link below: