Disability Justice Consultations – Have Your Say
All information about the Disability Justice Strategy consultation and development, including the Easy English Discussion Guide, the Justice and Services Discussion Guide, surveys, video, and community consultation rsvp information is here: https://yoursay.act.gov.au/disability-justice-strategy
The ACT Government is committed to ensuring that people with disability are treated equally before the law and have equal access to justice and their rights upheld. We are seeking to understand what works well in Canberra and other places; what should work better and how we can make changes to our existing justice systems to ensure fair and equal access.
After reading the Easy English Discussion Guide, you can share feedback by:
- taking the online survey on YourSay
- providing feedback face-to-face by contacting us on 6207 1086 or ACTDisabilityJustice@act.gov.au
- attending a community conversation on developing a disability justice strategy
- RSVP 29 August event-12-2pm Tuggeranong Community Centre- 245 Cowlishaw Street Greenway https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/disability-justice-strategy-tickets-46640573210
- RSVP 10 September event-5:30-7:30pm Woden Community Services – 26 Corinna Street Phillip https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/disability-justice-strategy-tickets-46640573210
- writing a submission to:
- Disability Justice Strategy, Office for Disability, ACT Community Services Directorate, GPO Box 158, Canberra ACT 2601
Justice and services sector feedback
After reading the Justice and Services Discussion Guide, you can participate by:
- taking the online survey for agencies and services on SurveyMonkey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/disabilityjusticestrategy
The strategy reflects the ACT Governments ongoing commitment to supporting the inclusion of people with disability in all spheres of life. The Disability Justice Strategy team are working with ACT justice agencies to enhance safety, provide support and achieve justice for the Canberra community.