The Social Workers in the Child Development Service work with families who are already engaged with the Child Development Service.
Some of the areas Social Workers assist with:
- Working with parents whose child has received a new diagnosis
- Relationship and family issue and dynamics
- family violence
- working with families who may be experiencing financial/housing and other difficulties
- collaborating with other services
- accessing and giving information to families
How we can help:
- assist families to access relevant services
- co-ordinate assessments for children
- short-term counselling
- refer to appropriate services
- provide one-off sessions for families where children have received an autism diagnosis
- provide longer-term support for families who have had a premature baby
For more information about the Social Work profession please see Australian Association of Social Workers.
If you would like to see a Social Worker you can ask the therapist who is working with your child by contacting the Child Development Intake on (02) 6207 8884 or send an email to email@example.com.