Access to Government Information
The Community Services Directorate (CSD) is committed to providing the community with greater access to government information.
Under the new Freedom of Information Act 2016, CSD aims to:
- Make it easier for the community to access information about who we are and how we do our work
- Keep improving our processes to protect and provide access to information
- Process information requests as quickly as possible
Looking for Information?
A key initiative under the Freedom of Information Act 2016 is the introduction of the Open Access Information Scheme (OAIS)..
If you are looking for government information you can search the ACT Government OAIS portal at www.act.gov.au/open-access and access a range of documents to see if what you are looking for is already available.
If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, you can contact one of our Freedom of Information officers for assistance.
Completed access applications under the Freedom of Information Act 2016 are available for viewing at CSD’s Disclosure log. Please note that requests for personal information are not included on the Disclosure log.
Access applications under the Freedom of Information Act
Each ACT Government directorate is responsible for responding to Freedom of Information (FOI) access applications that relate to their functions or roles. Individuals seeking information are encouraged to seek advice by contacting an FOI officer who may assist you in making your request. Contacts details are provided below.
If you decide to submit an FOI application, this should be made, in writing, requesting access to documents under the FOI Act.
Requests can be made by letter or by using the FOI online application form below.
The request should:
- identify the document(s) sought;
- provide as much information as possible about the document(s) requested to assist in processing the request (for example the date the documents were created, or describe in detail the subject matter in which you are interested);
- supply a contact telephone number and postal or email address; and
- include proof of identity, ie drivers licence, for requests seeking access to personal information held by the Directorate.
See below for more information and application forms:
Amendment of Personal Information Form [PDF 234KB] [Word 702KB]
Freedom of Information - Request Form [PDF 401KB] [Word 705KB]
Freedom of Information Fact Sheet [PDF 463KB] [Word 711KB]
Health Records Request Form [PDF 145KB] [Word 101KB]
Heath Records: Privacy and Access - Guidelines for Record Keepers [PDF 164KB] [Word 41KB]
Freedom of Information - Health Records Fact Sheet [PDF 344KB] [Word 700KB]
Freedom of Information - Section 7 and 8 Statements [PDF 182KB] [Word 74KB]
Territory Records Act 2002 Section 28 Exemptions Register [PDF 92KB] [Excel 52KB]
|Community Services Directorate |
(includes Children, Youth and Families)
Senior Freedom of Information Officer
GPO Box 158
Locked Bag 3000
For further information, please contact the Community Services Directorate’s Senior Freedom of Information Officer on Tel: (02) 6205 0244 or 6207 6547 or email CSD.FOI@act.gov.au
If English is not your first language and you require translation and interpreter services, please telephone 131 450.
If you require the National Relay Service, phone 133 677 then ask for 133 427