The Community Services Directorate is an organisation that delivers excellence through client centred services to those who need them. The Directorate strives to create a safe and equitable community where all Canberrans feel that they can reach their full potential and lead fulfilling lives.
The Community Services Directorate Strategic Plan is an ambitious 10‑year plan that sets the direction for the organisation. It identifies our purpose, outcomes and key measures of success. The plan was developed by our staff, through direct team discussions and workshops.
Strategic Plan 2018-2028
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have a strong voice, are decision makers on issues that impact them and lead in the achievement of positive life outcomes.
- Independence and dignity
- Individuals have access to information and supports that empower them to make informed decisions and undertake valued leadership opportunities in their communities.
- A secure place to call home
- People have equitable access to secure homes that are appropriate, afordable and meet their needs and circumstances, in order to support whole of life outcomes.
- Safe from harm
- People feel safe in their homes, community, and when accessing services. Social influences on personal safety such as culture, gender and intergenerational trauma re considered in policy and program development.
- Inclusive communities
- People feel a sense of belonging in their communities. They are valued, respected, have a voice, and are able to access formal and informal networks that support them to achieve whole of life outcomes. Local services take a whole of community approach and focus on building connections, local solutions and individual self-determination.
- Leadership, advocacy and vision
- The Community Services Directorate is a leadership organisation where we access leadership opportunities and are guided by strong values. The directorate is able to set a vision for reform within the broader human services system and advocates for this change through strong and respectful leadership approaches.
- Sustainable and integrated services
- Services are accountable, transparent, collaborative and evidence-informed. They champion innovative, digital and integrated responses that support clients to direct the outcomes that are important to them. Continuous improvement is driven by a robust evaluation and review cycle.