The Community Services Directorate is an organisation that delivers excellence through client centred services to those who need them. The Directorate strives to create a safe and equitable community where all Canberrans feel that they can reach their full potential and lead fulfilling lives.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have a strong voice, are decision makers on issues that impact them and lead in the achievement of positive life outcomes.
- Independence and dignity
- Individuals have access to information and supports that empower them to make informed decisions and undertake valued leadership opportunities in their communities.
- A secure place to call home
- People have equitable access to secure homes that are appropriate, afordable and meet their needs and circumstances, in order to support whole of life outcomes.
- Safe from harm
- People feel safe in their homes, community, and when accessing services. Social influences on personal safety such as culture, gender and intergenerational trauma re considered in policy and program development.
- Inclusive communities
- People feel a sense of belonging in their communities. They are valued, respected, have a voice, and are able to access formal and informal networks that support them to achieve whole of life outcomes. Local services take a whole of community approach and focus on building connections, local solutions and individual self-determination.
- Leadership, advocacy and vision
- The Community Services Directorate is a leadership organisation where we access leadership opportunities and are guided by strong values. The directorate is able to set a vision for reform within the broader human services system and advocates for this change through strong and respectful leadership approaches.
- Sustainable and integrated services
- Services are accountable, transparent, collaborative and evidence-informed. They champion innovative, digital and integrated responses that support clients to direct the outcomes that are important to them. Continuous improvement is driven by a robust evaluation and review cycle.