2018 ACT Women’s Honour Roll
Nominations now open – closing 17 January 2018
The ACT Women’s Honour Roll acknowledges and celebrates outstanding achievements of women in Canberra. The ACT Government has in the past published a number of honour rolls for women for their significant contributions to Canberra.
The ACT Women’s Honour Roll will be released digitally every two years commencing in 2018. This marks 30 years of self-government. The ACT Women’s Honour Roll will digitally compile all past female recipients of a number of awards since self-government in 1988 including:
- ACT Women’s Awards;
- ACT Australian of the Year Awards;
- ACT Citizen of the Year Awards;
- The Honour Walk; and
- ACT Scientist of the Year.
Nominations from members of the community for women who have made a lasting contribution in Canberra, Australia and/or internationally in many fields of endeavour will also be considered.
Nominations are now being received online through the SmartyGrants system. To submit a nomination visit the SmartyGrants website.
Additional information about the nominee or supporting material such as personal references, resumes, newspaper articles can be added to the SmartyGrants nomination form.
Please note that self-nominations will not be considered.
Nominees will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Significant and lasting contributions to Canberra, and/or Australia and internationally in categories outlined below.
- Permanent resident of Canberra.
- All nominations for ACT Woman of the Year will automatically be included for assessment for the ACT Women’s Honour Roll.
Areas of work for nomination include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs
- Arts and media
- Business, industry and workplace relations
- Community Advocacy and inclusion (Seniors/Veterans/Women/LGBTIQ)
- Government and politics
- Human rights, justice and corrections
- Multicultural Affairs
- Planning, construction and architecture
- Police and emergency services
- Prevention of domestic and family violence
- Science, technology, engineering, mathematics and research
- Sport and recreation
Linking in with other awards
Inductees of the 2018 ACT Women’s Honour Roll will be entered for consideration for the Australian of the Year Awards, unless the nominee requests otherwise.
Nominee details will be forwarded for consideration for other relevant ACT Government Awards unless the nominator or nominee requests otherwise.
1 December 2017 – nominations open at 9am
17 January 2018 – nominations close at 5pm
March 2018 – ACT Women’s Honour Roll launch and 2018 inductees awarded
Need help or more information?
If you need assistance or have any enquiries, please contact the ACT Office for Women on (02) 6205 3614 or 6205 0515, email email@example.com