ACT Regional Community Bus Services
The Community Bus Service is proudly funded by the ACT Government.
The ACT’s Regional Community Services operate flexible Regional Community Bus Services for ACT residents who are isolated because of a lack of other viable transport options.
The buses operate from Monday to Friday, generally within their own regional area. Pickup and set down points can be negotiated when making a booking.
Who can use the community bus?
The community bus service is for people who are socially isolated because a lack of transport options. Some of the people who may be eligible to use the service may include:
- Seniors with mobility or confidence problems
- People living in nursing homes/retirement facilities
- People with a permanent or temporary disability
- People with health problems who cannot use regular ACTION bus services
- People who are eligible for HACC transport but cannot access them for various reasons e.g. cannot self transfer
- Carers accompanying a person described above
- Parents with young children who are socially isolated and lack transport options
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who lack support networks and have limited transport options
How do I register to use the service?
To become a registered user of the community bus service you need to be assessed by the Regional Community Service in your area. The assessment process can be completed over the phone. Contact your local Regional Community Service listed on the back of this pamphlet.
Once registered with the community bus service you can make a booking by contacting your local Regional Community Service. Bookings need to be made at least two working days before you want to use the bus and are on a “first come first served” basis . Group bookings can also be made where members of the group are registered users.
How much does it cost?
There is no set bus fare, however, people using the community bus service are asked to make a gold coin donation each time they travel.
When and where do they operate?
The buses operate from Monday to Friday, generally within their own regional area. Pickup and set down points need to be arranged when making the booking.
For more information contact the Regional Community Service in your area.
Belconnen Community Service
26 Chandler Street,
Belconnen, ACT 2616
Phone: (02) 6251 2100
Gungahlin Community Centre
47 Ernest Cavanagh Street
Gungahlin, ACT, 2912
Phone: (02) 6126 9090
Northside Community Service
Majura Community Centre,
Dickson, ACT 2602
Phone: (02) 6247 5757
Southside Community Services
63 Boolimba Crescent,
Narrabundah, ACT 2604
Phone: (02) 6126 4723
Tuggeranong and Weston Creek contact
Weston ACT, 2900
Phone: (02) 6288 4744