Participation (Seniors) Grants
The Participation (Seniors) Grants provides funding for activities and events that promote positive ageing in the ACT, supporting older Canberrans to maintain their wellbeing and to remain active and connected in their community.
The aim of the Participation (Seniors) Grants Program is to enhance the ACT community through the development of innovative projects that contribute to sustainable communities that promote seniors as valued members of the community and enable older Canberrans to participate in community activities.
Projects should support one of more or the priorities and goals of the ACT Strategic Plan for Positive Ageing Plan: 2010 – 2014:
- Information and communication;
- Health and wellbeing;
- Respect, valuing and safety;
- Housing and accommodation;
- Support services;
- Transport and mobility; and/or
- Work and retirement.
The ACT Strategic Plan for Positive Ageing Plan: 2010 – 2014 can be found on the Ageing website
To start an online application, go to the SmartyGrants website
- All applications are to be completed online. If you require assistance, please contact the Office for Ageing to discuss your needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 6207 9701 or 6205 3113
- Only one application can be submitted per individual email account
- To apply, applicants will need a ‘log in’ account which can be obtained by simply registering an email account and obtaining a pass word which will be sent to the email account
- It is not necessary to complete the application in one go, you can save your progress and return to complete your application at a later time or date; however, once submitted no changes can be made to the application
- Upon submission of the application, an automatic acknowledgement and a copy of your application will be sent to your email account including your unique submission number
- Completed online applications must be submitted by Friday 29 August 2014
Applications are now open.
Activities and projects previously funded through this Program:
- 2013-2014 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2012-2013 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2011-2012 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2010-2011 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2009-2010 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2008-2009 Seniors Grants Program
- 2007-2008 Seniors Grants Program
- 2006-2007 Seniors Grants Program
Read about some of the projects we have funded: