Participation (Seniors) Grants
The Participation (Seniors) Grants provides funding for activities and events that promote positive ageing in the ACT, supporting older Canberrans to maintain their wellbeing and to remain active and connected in their community.
The aim of the Participation (Seniors) Grants Program is to enhance the ACT community through the development of innovative projects that contribute to sustainable communities that promote seniors as valued members of the community and enable older Canberrans to participate in community activities.
Projects should support one of more or the priorities and goals of the ACT Strategic Plan for Positive Ageing Plan: 2010 – 2014:
- Information and communication;
- Health and wellbeing;
- Respect, valuing and safety;
- Housing and accommodation;
- Support services;
- Transport and mobility; and/or
- Work and retirement.
The ACT Strategic Plan for Positive Ageing Plan: 2010 – 2014 can be found on the Ageing website
To start an online application, go to the SmartyGrants website
Applications are now closed for the 2014-2015 funding round of the Participation (Seniors) Grants.
Applicants will be sent written notification advising the outcome of their grant application in late october 2014.
For further information contact the Office for Ageing on 6205 3113 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday or email email@example.com
Activities and projects previously funded through this Program:
- 2013-2014 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2012-2013 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2011-2012 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2010-2011 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2009-2010 Seniors Grants and Sponsorship Program
- 2008-2009 Seniors Grants Program
- 2007-2008 Seniors Grants Program
- 2006-2007 Seniors Grants Program
Read about some of the projects we have funded: