2019 ACT Youth Week Grants Program Guidelines
The 2019 ACT Youth Week Grants Program has now opened. The 2019 ACT Youth Week will be held from Friday, 12 April to Sunday, 21 April 2019. ACT Youth Week is a week-long celebration of the contributions of young people in the ACT.
The Youth Week Grants are based on youth participation and encouraging young people to develop, implement and facilitate youth focused projects in the ACT community. This Grant Program provides funding for innovative new projects that enable young people aged 12 – 25 years old to lead and participate in community development activities targeted for other young people in Canberra and the region. Funding amounts of up to $1,500 for each project are available.
The primary aim of the 2019 Youth Week Grants Program is to support young Canberrans in the development of new and innovative activities, events or projects. Projects can be facilitated through:
- Building supportive connections between community members using sport, recreation, cultural and creative activities and events;
- Organising and running events;
- Increasing opportunities for young people to participate in local community events, activities and youth related causes;
- Recognising the contribution that young people make to their local communities; and
- Increasing opportunities for young people through the development of leadership skills, project management skills, networking encounters plus team work, communication and decision-making skills.
For further details, application forms and guidelines contact Youth InterACT on 6205 3064 or visit https://dhcs.smartygrants.com.au/2019 ACTYouthWeek
Please note this Grant Round closes on Monday, 5 November 2018.