The Youth InterACT Scholarships provide funding of up to $500 for individuals, or $1500 for groups of young people to participate in an activity, event or program. This may include sporting events, conferences, courses and training that enhance personal or career development.
These Scholarships are based on encouraging young people to enhance their professional and personal development through participation in various activities or events. This is central to the way in which Youth InterACT Scholarships are administered.
Scholarships will be awarded to young people who have a genuine ability and determination, but without financial assistance would struggle to attend their event or activity.
The scholarship committee assessed the applications on the last Friday of every month (note Scholarships are not assessed in the month of December).
Applications be submitted at least four weeks prior to the event / activity commencement date.Applicants for Youth InterACT Scholarships must:
- Be 12-25 years of age
- Reside in the ACT or attend school in the ACT
- Be an Australian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or hold an ACT Services Access Card
- Represent the ACT in sporting or other activities, or be a part of an ACT based program
- Not have received funding through the Youth InterACT Grants and Scholarships Program in the last two years
Youth InterACT Scholarships will be provided for:
Young people who have a genuine ability and determination, but without financial assistance would struggle to attend their event or activity to cover:
- Course fees and course expenses
- Travel expenses to an activity/event
- Registration costs for the activity/event
- Accommodation costs for the activity /event
- Young people representing the ACT in sporting or other activities, or be a part of an ACT based program
Scholarships will not be provided for:
- More than two attendees to the same activity or event (unless applying as group)
- Applications not received 4 weeks prior to event/activity start date
- Activities/events that have already been attended
- Spending money (including food and beverage costs)
- Financial support for travel companions
- Activities/events that require on-going funding
- Activities/events where a particular political or religious point of view is promoted or pushed
- Internships or students exchange programs
- Applicants who have received funding through the Youth InterACT Grants and Scholarships Program in the last 2 years.
- Proof of eligibility i.e. Student ID, ACT Driving License, Medicare Card or ACT Services Access Card
- Proof of residence
- Evidence of Letter of Offer from course provider, school excursion acceptance or endorsement from teacher, letter of support from the case worker or employer
- Two referees. Note they cannot be a family member or a friend
What you have to do if you are Successful
Successful applicants will be notified through a formal Letter-of-Offer letter, which contains an Acceptance of Scholarship form. The applicant will need to return the Acceptance of Scholarship form to the Directorate within 14 days of receiving it, otherwise the Scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
Once the Acceptance of Scholarship form is received, a cheque payment or EFT payment will be made directly to the nominated institution or program as outlined in the application.
Please Note: You will need to allow 30 days for Scholarship payments to be made once the Acceptance of Scholarship form has been received.
After you have attended your Activity or Event
Recipients must provide a brief report to the Directorate within 30 days of attending their activity /event.
Please ensure your report outlines the outcomes and benefits that you have gained from attending.
Duty of Care
Activity/event attendees have a legal and moral obligation to act reasonably, including taking caution to avoid risks that could be reasonably expected to occur, to ensure their own health and safety.
A ‘Scholarship Committee’ made up of young people assess the Youth InterACT Scholarship applications. The assessment panel is supported by the Youth Engagement, Inclusion and Participation of the Community Services Directorate.
Scholarship committee meetings are held on the last Friday of every month (note Scholarships are not assessed in the month of December).
Please Note: Applications received outside of the assessment period will only be considered under the ‘exceptional circumstances’ by the committee.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be asked for further information or to attend an interview with the ‘Scholarship Committee’.
For further information relating to Youth InterACT Scholarships please contact the Youth Engagement on 62053064 or via email email@example.com
Applications should be forwarded to the above email address.
For more information on Youth InterACT contact Youth Engagement on 62053064 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org