Grants and Scholarships
- Youth Week Grants | CLOSED
- Youth InterACT Scholarship Grants | OPEN
- Youth InterACT Grants | OPEN
Further information about the Youth Grants and Scholarships please call (02) 6207 0310 or email email@example.com
The Youth InterACT Scholarships provide funding of up to $500 for individual young people aged 12 to 25 who wish to attend an activity of a learning capacity, sporting, conferences, personal or career development through participation in various activities, events or courses.
Applications are assessed by a Scholarship Committee in the last two weeks of every month. This excludes the period of Friday, 15 December to Monday, 15 January, where applications will not be accepted or assessed.
Applications will need to be received by the 14th of each month, to be considered in that month’s round. Applications received on the 15th or later of a given month, will be considered in the next month’s round.
The Youth InterACT Grants are now open!
The Youth InterACT Grants encourage young people to develop, implement and facilitate youth focused projects in the ACT community.
This program provides funding for innovative new projects for young people aged 12 – 25 years old to lead and participate in. Funding up to $1,500 for each project is available.
The grants encourage young people to develop, implement and facilitate youth-focused projects within their community.
For further details, application forms and guidelines contact Youth InterACT on 6205 3064 or visit https://dhcs.smartygrants.com.au/2018-19YouthInterACTGrants
Applications close on Monday 20 August 2018.
ACT Youth Week Grants
Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Awards
Congratulations to Ms Dhani Gilbert who has been awarded the 2018 Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Award for her community work, academic pursuits and advocacy for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Awards, now in its 29th year, recognise and celebrate the outstanding achievements of young people aged 12 to 25 years. Other category award winners include:
- Personal Achievement Award: Ms Shay-Leigh Willis;
- Individual Community Service: Ms Maddie Diamond; and
- Group Achievement Award: Jasiri Australia.
- Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Award (Mustafa Ehsan)
- Environment and Sustainability Award (Ryu Callaway)
- Personal Achievement Award (Caitlin Figueiredo)
- Individual Community Service Award (Kate Barton)
- Group Achievement Award (SPARK: The Ginninderry Joint Venture Training and Employment Initiative)
- Arts and Multimedia Award (Lucy Sugerman)
For further information, please contact the Youth InterACT Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 62072452.