2017 Young Canberra Citizen of the Year
Congratulations to the 2017 winners.
The Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Awards is an annual celebration that was established in 1989. The Awards recognise individuals and groups of young people aged between 12 and 25 years who have made a significant contribution through their personal endeavours, or who have been actively involved in the ACT community across the following six categories. The 2017 winners are listed below in brackets.
- Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Award (Mustafa Ehsan)
- Environment and Sustainability Award (Ryu Callaway)
- Personal Achievement Award (Caitlin Figueiredo)
- Individual Community Service Award (Kate Barton)
- Group Achievement Award (SPARK: The Ginninderry Joint Venture Training and Employment Initiative)
- Arts and Multimedia Award (Lucy Sugerman)
The Awards are supported by generous sponsors, with Beyond Bank Australia as the major sponsor providing $2,000 prize money for the 2017 Young Canberra Citizen of the Year.
Other category sponsors include Riverview Group, QT, Anglicare ACT, Australian Catholic University, Youth Advisory Council and the University of Canberra, who all contribute $1,000 to each category winner.
For further information or support submitting a nomination, please contact the Youth InterACT Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 62072452