Youth InterACT is the ACT Government youth participation strategy which encourages participation by young people in the community and to provide opportunities for young people to contribute to discussions on youth issues, to participate in Government policies and programs on matters concerning young people. This includes advising the Minister for Children and Young People, on the issues and concerns of young people in the ACT.
Youth InterACT comprises:
- Youth Consultation;
- Youth Advisory Council www.facebook.com/ACT-Youth-Advisory-Council ;
- Annual Youth InterACT Conference;
- The Young Canberra Citizen of the Year Awards;
- Youth InterACT website www.youth.act.gov.au www.facebook.com/youthinteract ;
- Youth InterACT Grants; and
- Youth InterACT Scholarships.
To find out more, visit www.youth.act.gov.au or contact 6205 0632.
Youth interACT Grants and Scholarships
Applications have closed.
The Youth InterACT Grants aim to provide young people aged 12 to 25 years of age, with funding to organise projects, events, activities and programs that benefit other young people in the ACT. Funding amounts up to $1,500 for each project are available.
Youth InterACT Grants can be provided for:
- Projects which encourage young people to get involved in their local community and develop skills;
- Innovative, creative ideas, which provide safe, smoke, alcohol and drug free entertainment and recreational opportunities for young people in the ACT;
- Projects which involve young people at all levels of organisation and operation;
- Projects which are supported by and involve the local community; or
- Organisations that can support the projects identified and led by young people.