From February 2015 Child and Family Centres are now running the Circle of Security program. Circle of Security is a relationship-based early intervention program that is designed to enhance attachment between parents and children. Decades of research have confirmed that secure children have increased empathy, greater self-esteem, better relationships with parents and peers, and an increased capacity to handle emotions effectively.
The Circle of Security program enables parents and caregivers of children from birth to 8 years of age to:
- Understand and recognise their child’s emotional needs
- Have increased awareness of their responses to their child
- Expand their moment-to-moment parenting choices where needed
- Prevent emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Develop skills to parent effectively with confidence
For more information regarding the Circle of Security program please contact your local centre.