Melaleuca Place | Trauma Recovery Centre
The ACT Government’s Trauma Recovery Centre, Melaleuca Place, was opened by Minister for Children and Young People Mick Gentleman on 10 July 2014.
The focus of Melaleuca Place is to provide a high quality trauma-informed therapeutic program to children aged 0-12 who have experienced abuse and neglect and who are current clients of Child and Youth Protection Services. Work will be undertaken with children in the context of their care and support networks and will be trauma and attachment informed interventions. As well providing therapeutic interventions, a key focus of will be the provision of trauma specific training and education for carers and those working with children who have experienced abuse and neglect.
- Melaleuca Place - Fact Sheet One [HTML] [PDF 597KB]
- Melaleuca Place - Fact Sheet Two [HTML] [PDF 409KB]
Links to Specialised Trauma Organisations
- Australian Childhood Trauma Group
- Australian Childhood Foundation
- Australian Child and Adolescent Trauma, Loss and Grief Network
- The Lighthouse Foundation
- Berry Street -Take Two
- Cara House
- Dalwood Spilsted Service