Work Experience and Support Program (WESP)
The program is designed to help Canberrans from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds enter the workforce. It provides opportunity for people to improve employment skills and confidence, and develop important networks within the ACT Public Service.
The program provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Improve their IT, writing, office administration and communication skills.
- Gain practical job seeking skills.
- Prepare for entry into the workforce.
- Gain practical experience in an Australian workplace.
- Access and secure sustainable employment.
- Establish a personal network of contacts for future work and training options.
WESP participants are offered four weeks of formal office skills training and eight weeks of practical work experience in an ACT Public Service workplace.
This work experience program is unpaid and finishes after the eight week work placement, with no further commitments.
Successful WESP graduates will receive a nationally recognised Certificate II in Business.
To be eligible for WESP, applicants MUST:
- Be migrants with Australian citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Be a resident of the ACT.
- Be able to commit to the full time 12 week program.
Priority is given to:
- Applicants who have come to Australia on a refugee or humanitarian visa.
- Applicants who are unemployed or not in meaningful employment.
- Applicants with the confidence to communicate proficiently in spoken and written English.
The next program will commence in September 2018 and applications will open in July 2018.
For further information please contact the WESP Coordinator by phone on (02) 6205 3047 or email email@example.com