Eligibility for Social Housing guidelines
(Each person is assessed individually)
- You must be 16 years or older
- Each applicant is in Australia lawfully and is not subject to a time limit imposed by law
- Each applicant is a resident in the Territory and has been a resident for a period of 6 months immediately before the assessment date
- As from 04 March 2018 the income barriers applying to rental housing assistance are as follows:
$715 gross per week
Family of two persons and joint tenancies
$893 gross per week
Family of three or more persons
$893 plus $119 each for the third, fourth, fifth person etc.
25% of gross weekly income
Please check with Housing ACT for further information
- Your personal assets (not counting furniture, clothing and one vehicle) must not be worth more than $40,000
- You must not own any residential property
- These conditions apply when you register for assistance, while you are on the applicant list, and when you are allocated a dwelling.