These grants were funded from the Commonwealth’s NDIS Sector Development Fund.
Please note the 2016 NDIS Community Participation Grant round closed at midnight on Monday 13 June 2016.
Grants were available toward the cost of engaging a Planner of your choosing to assist with pre-NDIS preparation and support.
These grants to a maximum value of $1,000 were available between 1 February - 13 June 2016 and are now closed.
Organisations were able to apply for a grant of up to $10,000 (GST ex) to deliver an eventt in the ACT which will progress NDIS preparation and planning for potential NDIS participants, their families and other unpaid carers.
Funded through the Commonwealth NDIS Sector Development Fund, 2016 Business Investment Packages (BIP) were available for eligible ACT based organisations requiring tailored assistance to undertake NDIS business development. This included complex reform related to service design or establishment, financial viability, workforce redevelopment, human resource management, organisational structure and systems; and governance. 20 grants from $6,750 to $50,000 were allocated.
Enhanced Service Offer
The Enhanced Service Offer (ESO) has closed.
The Enhanced Service Offer (ESO) was a $7.7 million initiative that gave people with disability the opportunity to apply for a grant for something that was related to their disability.
More than 1,300 people offered a grant over two rounds.
The ESO was designed to:
- Raise awareness about the NDIS.
- Provide an opportunity for people with disability and their families to think about planning their whole of life goals and to make choices about how they would prefer to have their disability related support needs met.
- Provide people with an opportunity to exercise control over how those supports were provided and/or how their resources are managed.
- Assist service providers prior to the move from block funding to test the capacity of their business systems and workforce to respond to individualised service requests and payment.
- In the context of service users having discretion over their support funding, to test whether their service offer is actually what consumers are looking to buy.
There were two grant rounds for the ESO, which concluded in 2014. A total of 2,320 people applied for a grant (some more than once) with 1,349 people offered a grant over the two rounds.
Information about the aids, equipment, supports and services that have been purchased from Enhanced Service Offer grants so far is available here:
Enhanced Service Offer Combined Output Report [PDF 229 KB] [Word 50 KB]
Enhanced Service Offer Items Purchased Report [PDF 245 KB] [Word 55 KB]
Enhanced Service Offer Items Request by Demographic Groups Report [PDF 399 KB] [Word 64 KB]
These tables provide a summary of information about applications to the ESO grants and who received them:
Enhanced Service Offer 2013 Round 2 Basic Demographics
Enhanced Service Offer 2013 Round 1 Basic Demographics
Enhanced Service Offer Round 1 Data about applicants [PDF 76KB]
Enhanced Service Offer Round 1 Summary report offers to applicants in target populations [PDF 96KB]
Enhanced Service Offer Round 2 - Recipients Demographics [PDF 76KB] [Word 26KB]