Grants and Awards
The Disability Inclusion Grants (DIGs) are a one-off grant of up to $20,000 for a project or initiative for community organisations, groups and clubs and small businesses to become more inclusive and accessible for people with disability.
Proposals will be considered that address attitudinal, communication and physical barriers to access and inclusion. This could include:
- Printing – of your key documents or brochures into Easy English, or the development of picture cards with information
- Assistive technology or equipment – such as a hearing loop or height adjustable benches
- Infrastructure modifications for your premises – such as widening of doors or installation of ramps
- Training – such as Auslan (sign language) or disability awareness training for your staff
- A project – an accessibility audit of your services and the development of a Disability Inclusion and Action Plan.
Grants may be applied for to cover the cost of the project in full or in part.
For more information, and to apply, go to Disability Inclusion Grants. Applications close on 31 July 2018.