Government Supported Accommodation
Transition of the Disability ACT Support Services under the NDIS
People supported by Disability ACT have embraced the opportunity to exercise choice and control as the NDIS has been implemented in the ACT.
- All residents of Disability ACT’s Accommodation Support Service have transitioned to the NDIS.
- The transition of tenancy management from Disability ACT to community providers is almost complete. The Working Together Team and Housing ACT continue to work together to support the few households which have not yet transitioned to an alternative tenancy provider.
- The transition of support service provision from Disability ACT to community providers chosen by residents and their families, has progressed quickly. As of 3 November 2016:
- 53 households have moved to a new service provider
- 2 households are yet to move to their chosen service provider
Disability ACT Family Forums
As the process to transition individuals receiving Disability ACT support to a Community Provider is near completion , our role as Service Provider has reduced considerably. As a result the last Disability ACT Family Forum was held on 26 May 2016 as there is no longer a need for these forums. Minutes from previous Family Forums can be accessed via the link below. Please note that due to minimal attendance at the Family Forum held on 26 May 2016, formal minutes were not required.