The ACT Office for Disability provides strategic advice and practical assistance to enable people with disability to enjoy their rights as citizens of the ACT.
The Office for Disability strives to:
- Provide strategic advice to government on inclusion of people with disability both in the Australian Capital Territory and the Commonwealth.
- Advance and promote the National Disability Strategy in the ACT through ACT Disability Commitment INVOLVE.
- Assist implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in the ACT.
- Engage and support inclusion of people with disability via events such as the Connect and Participate Expo, International Day of People with Disability activities, the Companion Card program and the Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards.
- Be informed by and work collaboratively with the ACT Disability Reference Group and the ACT Inclusion Council.
Contact the ACT Office for Disability
phone (02) 6207 1086
National Relay Service ring 13 36 77 and ask for 6207 1086.